The Justinian Society, founded in 1935 by and for attorneys of Italian ancestry in Philadelphia and the surrounding community, has established a Scholarship Foundation for the benefit of Philadelphia-area law school students who are members of their student Justinian Society chapters.
Scholarships are awarded to members of the Justinian Society Student Chapters at area law schools, to help defray the cost of third year tuition. Scholarships will be in the amount of at least $1,500.00 and will be paid directly to the law school.
Scroll down to make a Donation
Justinian Foundation Officers
Barbara A. Capozzi, President
Carl Primavera Vice President
Gaetan Alfano, Secretary & Treasurer
Justinian Foundation Board
Gabriel L.I. Bevilacqua, Ex Oficio
Hon. Alex Bonavitacola
Vito F. Canuso, Jr.
Joseph V. DelRaso
Hon. Alfred J. DiBona, Jr.
William P. Fedullo
Denise C. Gentile
Alexander B. Giacobetti
Gregory J. Lavorgna
Donald C. Marino
Mark R. Nicoletti
Hon. Russell M. Nigro
Roberta D. Pichini
Hon. Louis J. Presenza
Hon. Anna C. Verna
Gerard Vernose, M.D.
Scholarship eligibility requires applicants to:
- Be a member in good standing of a Philadelphia-area Justinian Society Law School Chapter;
- Have Italian parents or grandparents;
- Have achieved excellence in academic studies;
- Have a record of service to their school and/or community;
- Be a person of the highest integrity who shows a sincere desire to be of service to his or her fellow human beings;
- Has exhibited the potential to be a credit to the profession of law;
- Be a second year law student preparing for graduation in Year 2010; and
- Demonstrate financial need to complete the third year.
If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, please print out the application, complete it and mail it to the following address with the required documentation:
c/o Barbara Capozzi
President, The Justinian Foundation
3320 South 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Donations can be made by check payable and mailed to:
The Justinian Foundation of Philadelphia
1205 Locust Street, Suite 100
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Donations can be made by: